Eating is already a part of our routine whether you like it or not – of course, everyone will love it! How sure are you that what you’re eating is the right stuff? Do you watch what you eat?
Vegetables comes in different varieties and provides different nutrients the body needs for overall health and well-being. It should not be overcooked to prevent from losing it health giving substances. Examples are:
- Kale: It is high in iron and contains more of it than beef does. It also has high levels of antioxidants that fight free radicals which causes cancer cells to build up.
- Broccoli: It is rich in vitamin K and C which is vital for building bone structure and has high levels of folate.
- Potatoes: It has antioxidants and inflammatory properties that fight cancer and vitamin A that assists in boosting the immune system.
- Garlic: It is an excellent fighter of disease from animal scratch to preventing stroke and other heart ailments.
- Spinach: It contains lutein and zeaxanthin. These two antioxidants are very important for the eyes to prevent macular degeneration, poor vision and glaucoma.
Fruits contain numerous nutrients such as vitamins and minerals essential in the formation of new cells and bone build up aside
from the therapeutic properties it already has.
- Lemon: It is also rich in vitamin C and raises the level of good cholesterol or HDL.
- Avocado: It is abundant with healthy fats that are helpful in lowering the level of cholesterol and heart disease.
- Apple: It is a great source of soluble fiber that lowers down glucose and blood cholesterol level. Also rich in vitamin C that helps cells from being damaged.
- Blueberries: They are rich in phytonutrients that reduces chronic illness, diabetes and other diseases.
Nuts, grains and seeds
You may say nuts or any kinds of nuts even seeds are oily. But oils contain substances that are beneficial specially to the heart and skin.
- Walnuts: It is loaded with high contents of Omega-3 fatty acids that lower cholesterol levels.
- Almonds: These nuts are rich in fiber and other nutrients like riboflavin, calcium, iron and manganese. It also contains vitamin E and monounsaturated fats.
- Sunflower seeds: It acts as anti-depressant keeping you calm because of its magnesium content by soothing the nerves and releasing the stress and fatigue.
Fishes and sea foods
Fishes and other sea foods contribute to the health benefits a body can get from what he eats.
- Salmon: It is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that reduce depression, heart ailments and certain kind of cancer.
- Sardines: It helps to make stronger bone structure because of the calcium it contains and rejuvenates the skin.
- Oysters: It is loaded with high amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids which reduce bad cholesterol improves vision and promotes flexible joints.
Dairy products and poultry
Dairy products are derivatives of milk such as butter and cheese. Poultry are mostly for eggs.
- Milk: It is very rich in calcium which is easily absorbed and utilized in the body for stronger bones and teeth.
- Eggs: Eggs are high in protein and possesses almost all of the amino acids. It reduces the amounts of blood triglycerides.
- Cheese: It’s rich in calcium which reduces the risk of bone density that may lead to osteoporosis.